PriMed 2013 : registrations are closed
RULES AND REGULATIONS PriMed 2013
PriMed 2013 – download here the rules and regulations
APPLICATION FORM PriMed 2013
PriMed 2013 — application form
Nine Awards are given to the films in competition
- Grand Prix “Mediterranean Challenges” (6,000 €): this prize is given to the best film (documentary or current affairs film) on a current Mediterranean subject, lasting more than 30 minutes. It picks out productions which improve our understanding of the present situation in the Mediterranean and rewards a director’s skill at questioning events and putting them into perspective, as well as his capacity to listen to the principal characters.
- “Mediterranean Memories” (5,000 €): this prize rewards the documentary lasting more than 30 minutes, which – with or without archives – most successfully places in a present-day context historical events concerning the Mediterranean, stories of men and women, whether individual or collective, or places of symbolism and memory.
- “First Film” (5,000 €): this award recognizes the talent of a film maker who made no more than three films. Works produced as part of a school or training can also compete. Running time must exceed 30 minutes.
- “Mediterranean Art, Heritage and Cultures” (5,000 €): this prize rewards the documentary film lasting more than 30 minutes, which highlights the region’s artistic life (music, plastic arts, live theatre, visual arts), its heritage (sites, monuments, works of art, archaeology, architecture) and other instances of Mediterranean culture (folklore and traditions).
- “Investigative Documentary” (5,000 €): this award is for the best currents affairs film, the best investigation which gets to the heart of an event, past or present, within the Mediterranean region. The duration of the work must exceed 30 minutes.
- Special Jury Award (5,000 €), all categories together. This prize rewards a film that has not received any other prize but which the jury considers of special merit.
- Young Persons Award (5,000 €), given by a jury of schoolboys. It rewards one of the films chosen between one of the category of the PriMed (category to determine).
- “Mediterranean Short Doc” (2,500 €): this award is for a documentary or a currents affairs film – lasting less than 30 minutes – whose subject is about Mediterranean area.
- “Mediterranean Multimedia” (2,500 €): this prize rewards the web-documentary or POM (Petite OEuvre Multimédia / Little Multimedia Object) about Mediterranean subjects. A web-documentary is a documentary production made for and available on the Web, using pictures, texts, sounds, videos, in an interactive dimension. The POM (Petite Oeuvre Multimédia / Little Multimedia Object) is a video production which combines photographer, filmmaker, web designer, sound designer and illustrator. This is a video editing animating the images, giving them a third dimension and with a direct approach to the subject. These awards are for the directors and authors of the work concerned.
In addition, broadcasting awards may be given by representatives of the television companies and are entirely at their discretion. They will be chosen from amongst any of the films in the final selection. The broadcast of any work thus rewarded has to be agreed individually between the broadcaster and the makers of the film. The same film cannot win more than two awards (except for the broadcasting award).
How the event is organized
The competition has three phases:
- February 2012 : call for films
Deadline for registering and sending films: 30th September 2012
- End of 2012 : an international Selection Committee choose the films which will be shown in the finals
- From 17th to 21st June 2013, finals of PriMed : the International Juries watch all the selected films and decide the winners;
public screenings; meetings and debates; awards ceremony